Not everyone has the luxury of owning a house or enough money to build a full solar powered facility like Apple did. Well "SolarGaps" brings a practical solar energy solution to this problem. Their solar powered window blinds are convenient enough to be installed in an apartment, home, or office space. Now everyone can save on their monthly bill and have a sustainable alternative to providing energy to their living space. SolarGaps is currently available on kickstarter; check out some of the features and the video below to learn more!
- DIY PLUG & PLAY - With apartment renters in mind, the interior wall brackets are designed as a non-permanent, plug & play solution with additional installation options for homeowners to maximize energy production.
- ENERGY GENERATING - Built-in solar panels can generate up to 100W-150W of renewable energy per 10 sq. ft. (≈ 1 m2) of a window, enough to power 30 LED light bulbs or three MacBooks.
- ENERGY REDUCING - In addition to generating solar energy, the window blinds also save energy by shading your home interior and reducing air condition cost by up to 40%.
- AFFORDABLE - Energy surplus can either be stored by battery or can easily be sold to your electricity company as green energy through a two-way meter they provide.
- SMART FEATURES - Easily integrate with smart devices like Google Home, Echo, Nest Thermostat and more to control by voice, temperature and/or smartphone app.
For more exclusive content sign up to our newsletter HERE!