Help Legalize Hemp in New York
The good folks at the Tenth Amendment Center have laid out a plan for those who want to help out with the legalization of industrial hemp. As we know there are still many states where it is illegal to grow hemp for industrial purposes; New York is one of these states. Check out the steps below:
New York A8334 would legalize industrial hemp for production, effectively nullifying in practice the federal prohibition on the same. It must pass through the Assembly Agriculture Committee before it can receive a full vote and be approved.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this bill.
1. Call the Assembly Agriculture Committee Chair, William Magee. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on A8334.
Didi Barrett (D) 518-455-5177
Michael Benedetto (D) 518-455-5296
Ken Blankenbush (R) 518-455-5797
Harry Bronson (D) 518-455-4527
Marc Butler (R) 518-455-5393
Clifford Crouch (R) 518-455-5741
Gary Finch (R) 518-455-5878
Aileen Gunther (D) 518-455-5355
Stephen Hawley (R) 518-455-5811
Barbara Lifton (D) 518-455-5444
Peter Lopez (R) 518-295-7250
Steven Otis (D) 518-455-4897
José Rivera (D) 518-455-5414
Linda Rosenthal (D) 518-455-5802
Addie Russell (D) 518-455-5545
Angelo Santabarbara (D) 518-455-5197
Luis Sepúlveda (D) 518-455-5102
Michael Simanowitz (D) 518-455-4404
Frank Skartados (D) 518-455-5762
James Skoufis (R) 518-455-5441
Al Stirpe (D) 518-455-4505
Carrie Woerner (D) 518-455-5404
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Report Back. Let us know how things went. Click the button below and send us feedback.