5) Experiences are much more fun.
“Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.” -Arthur Koestler
4) Your creativity thrives because you make more…eccentric choices.Ever seen the guy walking down the street with a top hat taller than Lincoln’s but in neon pink? You don’t have to be like him (or you could if you want), but the idea is that when you don’t give a shit about the thoughts and opinions of others you push the boundaries of your taste and creative capability. Sometimes you have to pull back and look at yourself in the mirror and wipe off the KISS makeup, but how can you push the boundaries of your craft and efforts by sitting on the norm?
3) It keeps you from dwelling on things you can’t change.We all make mistakes that we can’t take back, it’s part of the human element. So avoiding change in an effort to avoid regret is futile, but what’s even more detrimental to your being is dwelling on that regret. At the same time, you don’t want to be the guy or gal who arrogantly ignores their shortcomings and looks like a fool, but enjoy the moment you realized things suck, but don’t dwell on it. In the full spectrum of your life, it’s a tiny blip that you learn from.
2) It’s the fuel to your blazing path of glory.When you get hate mail, when people are pissed off at you, and when people disagree with you—you know you’re heading in the right direction. It’s validation that what you’ve taken up with your life is proper (hopefully it’s not some wild ass shit though, be tasteful), because if you look at the other side of the coin there are three times as many people who support what it is that you do and shout in unison with you. When you shed the shit-giving of the haters, you’re blessed with the fuel to your blazing path of glory so light her up!
1) Why should you?Ask yourself that, “Why should I give a shit?” Everyone’s going to have a different answer but that answer is the reason why you shouldn’t give a shit because that answer is what you’re trying to fulfill. Contradictory, yes, somewhat, but when you actually give a shit about something—nothing else matters, and it shouldn’t as long as you’re chugging along on your path to fulfilling that.